The aim of the Institute is to support research. The Institute achieves its goals by:
- Basic and industrial research, experimental developmental work and adapting their results to implementing in practice;
- Spreading the reaserch and development results, and spreading these results through educational activity, publishing or technology transfer;
- Improving methods of research and development;
- Additional activity, especially in training, scientific, technological, economic information, invention and security of industrial and intelectual property;
- Producing analyses and evaluation of the condition and development of particular science and technology domains, and ideas of using worldwide achievements in science and technology in our country.
- Initiating, organizing, implementing and funding of undertakings, projects and programmes in research and development which can provide knowledge about modern technologies and methodologies of introducing innovative products into the market;
- Offering and founding scholarships supporting science, technology, culture and education;
- Cooperation with institutions that conduct scientific and technical activity in Poland and abroad;
- Conducting business activity, and all profits will be reinvested in research, spreading its results and teaching;
- Other activities that achieve statutory goals.